Seeking a computer scientist position in which professional experience in
software engineering with a focus on biometrics and identity management will
enhance an organization's efficiency in achieving its goals, both short and
National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST)Gaithersburg, MD06/08 - Present
- Lead NIST's involvement in Intelligence Advanced Research Project Activity (IARPA)'s Nail-to-Nail Challenge.
Developed fingerprint capture software using various fingerprint
device software development kit (SDK), prepared institutional review board (IRB) protocols, designed C++
application programming interfaces (API) and wrote corresponding test drivers, performed data
analysis in R and Python, presented results in public reports and
conferences. Oversaw financial assistance awards. Assisted in
interagency experiment design and communication with participants.
- Spearheaded public biometric data distribution initiative,
Special Database Series 300. Lead team through human
subjects protection, privacy, and legal reviews, presented at
conferences, and developed a Python
web app for distribution.
- Lead Minutia Exchange (MINEX), the world-recognized evaluation of interoperable
minutia template (ANSI/INCITS 378) generation and matching,
supporting certification for the United State Government (USG)'s Personal Identity Verification (PIV) program.
Performed development, experiment design, data analysis, and
- Lead Proprietary Fingerprint Template (PFT), NIST's test of 1:1 proprietary
fingerprint template matching. Performed development, experiment
design, data analysis, and report generation.
- Biometrics subject matter expert for USG's 2019 revision of
PIV, FIPS 201-3.
- Co-developed libbiomeval, a collection POSIX-compliant
C++ classes simplifying biometric technology evaluation test
driver code for rapid results. Significant hierarchies include
parallel processing, image/video/biometric format parsing, storage
abstractions, safe memory management, and more. Project was
recipient of a 2014 Department of Commerce Silver Award, and was presented at both
BTAS 2015 and CppCon 2016.
- Co-authored API, test driver, and final report of Fingerprint Vendor Technology Evaluation (FpVTE),
NIST's distributed large-scale 1:N fingerprint
- Served as mentor to college student trainees in software
engineering and biometrics.
- Assisted in administration of Linux/Windows blade clusters, Cisco
Ethernet switches and fibre directors, and multi-hundred terabyte
StorNext and NFS parallel file systems.
Gregory FiumaraFrederick, MD01/10 - Present
Coursera.com10/18 - Present
- Machine learning and artificial intelligence coursework, toward new NIST focus areas.
Johns Hopkins UniversityBaltimore, MD09/10 - 08/12
- MS computer science, with honors.
- 4.0 GPA.
University of Maryland, Baltimore County — An Honors UniversityBaltimore, MD08/06 - 12/09
- BS computer science, cum laude.
- Certificate of general honors.
- Honors College graduate.
- 3.72 GPA.
Skills and Tools
- macOS, Linux (CentOS/Red Hat, Ubuntu), UNIX derivatives
(FreeBSD). bash, C, C++, R
(tidyverse, ggplot2), Objective-C
(CocoaTouch). BBEdit, vim, Xcode. clang, gcc. git, Perforce.
- Windows. LaTeX/TikZ, Python. Eclipse.
- C#, Java, Swift.